After a variety of research and entrepreneurial experiences in the field of industrial and energy plant design, Andrea Rossi founded Leonardo Corporation in 1997, in Manchester New Hampshire -USA, a company specialized in planning and manufacturing plants and machinery for the production of energy from non-conventional sources.
Andrea Rossi’s earliest research on LENR and high pressure & high temperature nickel-hydrogen reactions dates as far back as to 1991 but most research at this time has been done partial time and after the founding of Leonardo Corporation. First in 2007, the inventor, Andrea Rossi, made the big breakthrough that came to refocus Leonardo Corporation to become a full time R&D company on LENR technology under the brand name E-CAT, short for Energy Catalyzer. Since then several patents has been applied for, tests, demonstrations and validations has been done and Licensing Agreements has been signed.
Now Leonardo Corp. performs its business in Miami -Florida -USA
- 2007 – Collaboration with Emeritus Prof. Sergio Focardi of the University of Bologna begins; Focardi is one of the most respected physicists in the field of nickel-hydrogen reactions;
- 2009 – First public presentation of the E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer);
- Jan. 14th 2011 – First public test of the E-Cat (Journal of Nuclear Physics, 01/14/2011);
- Feb. 2011 – Non public test (Levi-Rossi);
- Mar. 29th 2011 – Non public test (Hanno Essen, Docent of Theoretical Physics, Associate Prof. at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden; Sven Kullander, Emeritus Prof. of High Energy Physics at the University of Uppsala, Chairman of the Energy Committee of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences);
- April 6, 2011 – First E-CAT Patent approved by Italian Patent and trademark Office;
- Jul. 2011 – Two public tests, monitored by international media;
- Aug. 10, 2011 – European Naming Trademark registered by WIPO;
- Oct. 6th 2011 – A public test, monitored by international media;
- Oct 28th 2011 – First public test of the first 1 MW E-Cat plant;
- Sep 5, 2012 – Safety Certificate of E-CAT 1 MW Plant, SGS;
- Mar 2013 – Independent Third Party Validation Test 1;
- March 18, 2013 – European Figurative Trademark registered by OHIM;
- July 7, 2013 – Safety Certificate of E-CAT -HT by Bureau Veritas;
- May 2014 – Independent Third Party Validation Test 2;
- Feb 2015 – First E-CAT 1 MW in commercial operation;
- Aug 25, 2015 – Second E-CAT patent approved by US patent and Trademark Office. This patent protects the core LENR process of the E-CAT Technology;
- Sept 8, 2015 – US Naming Trademark registered by US Patent Trademark Office;
- Sept 15, 2015 – US Figurative Trademark registered by US Patent Trademark Office;
- October 19, 2015: extension of the patentability of the US Patent in 124 Countries issued by the International Patent Office of the USPTO.